Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dead things

I found this poor fellow while taking a walk around the block the other day. It looks suspicious to me, since there is a big bag nearby, as if someone had deliberately killed the dog and tried to cover it up.
Speaking of death...
Yesterday, news came by and Whitney Houston died.(R.I.P) Of what? I'm not quite positive yet, but I'll soon find out.
I'm still not quite sure how to deal with deaths. I've known family members to die, but not closely related family members. Or if they were closely related, we never communicated enough for me to mourn their deaths.
Does this mean I am cold hearted? No!
Just... inexperienced, I guess you could say.

My aunt Monica, who wasn't really my aunt, died yesterday as well.(R.I.P) She stopped breathing in the middle of a Roses store, and died then and there.
I don't remember how old she was, but I know she had a lot of health problems, like diabetes.
Truth be told, I don't think she ever watched what she ate, even after finding out she had diabetes.
Everything she ate wasn't perfect unless it had sugar on it.
Things like fried chicken.
So, was she asking for her death to come sooner than it possibly could?
Maybe.

My mom also recently found out that she has diabetes.
This could have been prevented if she had listened to me.
Ever since middle school I've tried to get her to go outside and exercise so she could lose the extra weight she's been carrying for years.
But she understands things better now, and will hopefully monitor her health better.
She is currently still alive and kicking.

Soul food gets the best of African Americans sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you REALLY think!