Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Friendship

A while back ago I lost someone dear to me. I lost my best friend. We had been friends since the 6th grade. It wasn't until the 8th grade did we consider ourselves to be best friends. We would share our secrets and talk about our lives. It was like we were joined at the hip. We were inseperable!
We stayed friends all through high school, though I'm sure we could both tell that it was starting to dissapate.
It wasn't until we got into college we could really tell that we were starting to part ways.

It hurt me so. I couldn't stand it. So many emotions filled my heart; anger, sadness, loneliness, even hatred. I began to almost hate her. I felt like she wronged me like no other had done before. I fussed to others that we weren't friends anymore. I said many things that I know I probably shouldn't have, and I apologize for them now. I didn't understand what had happened between us.

Things have changed since then. I feel as though I've grown more mature, and I've opened my eyes and heart to embrace new ideas and the world around me. A few days ago, I gathered up the strength and courage to speak to her again, and man, am I sure estatic that I did.

She accepted my love and want for our friendship back with arms wide open. We talked about what happened and shared what we thought about it.
I'm glad we were still able to understand each other, and forgive each other.
Mainly, I'm glad she was able to forgive me.
Hopefully our friendship will continue further.
I want us to grow old together and still be really good friends.

I love you, Momo!

1 comment:

  1. AWWWS! I LOVE YOU 2 QUELLY! THIS MADE ME SAD THEN HAPPY :D

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you REALLY think!