Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Why I paint my shoes

Just the other day I decided to paint my shoes. Not in any particular pattern or design, just random paint marks. Some might say that they're ugly and/or I destroyed them. Well, they have their opinions and I have mine.

I decided to toss paint onto them because I see it as a way of expressing myself. Not only do I enjoy painting or pretty much doing anything artistic, but I put it on my shoes because I felt like it would attract the most attention by attracting the least.

What I mean by that is that not everyone would normally take the time to look down and notice my shoes, it's not at the average eye level. So if someone did happen to notice my shoes and perhaps make a comment about it, it would seem more valuable to me I guess. It catches less attention by being low to the ground, but what attention it does capture, I think, will mean more to me.

Mainly it is only a way of expressing myself.
I didn't paint a picture or design because I like to do expressionalism instead.


1 comment:

Please tell me what you REALLY think!