Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Self-Empowerment

So, sometime in early January I decided to make a self-empowerment plan. I decided to implement this into my life because I think that it would be a very good thing to do. Also, in case of zombies. Or to be on more realistic terms, in case the world becomes like a post-apocalyptic world.
I feel that skills such as these would aid me.

There are six phases total.
Each phase lasts two months.
No phase ever ends. Once it begins, it stays.
The reason I did this was so I don't try to shove everything onto my plate all at once.

The six phases include memory, language, knowldge of medicinal plants and herbs, cooking, do-it-yourself projects and survival training.
Each phase lasts 2 months.

Phase one- memory. Improve memory using a variety of tools and programs.
(I used memory training apps and games on my phone to help me with this.)

Phase two- language skills. Learn the basics of a new language. I will choose from German, Spanish, Italian or French.

Phase three- knowldge of medicinal plants and herbs. Study the uses of medicinal plants and herbs, along with home remedies.

Phase four- cooking skills. Learn to cook a variety of new foods, especially healthy foods.

Phase five- do-it-yourself projects. Learn how to improvise using ordinary objects. Obtain skills that would aid in survival and ordinary living.

Phase six- survival training. This phase is still under construction.

Since it is pretty much now March, I will have completed phase one and will begin on phase two now.

Hopefully you can do something like this for yourself as well.
I'll try to keep this up and post entried about how it's going for me.

3 comments:

  1. I actually feel as though I've been doing phase four all along, to a certain extent. I've been trying new foods recently and letting my body adjust to the changes in my diet. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiyas!!
    I wanna help with the herbs part. I have books upon books, and have even grown my own medicinal nonsmokeable herbs. I've made tinctures, compresses, etc. Its really fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks! So when I hit phase three I'm knocking on your door!

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you REALLY think!